add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I7 4790K build for 1100 + -

ChandlerBing
  • 72 months ago

Hi guys, how does this setup look? I would like to keep it around 1100 bux.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bZYLwP

I like to play Arma, Dayz, rust etc.

I own all the peripherals and a case. Thanks.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

If by chance you have a Micro Center within driving distance the 4790K will be priced $279.99 there.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're not also using it for rendering, you're spending too much on the CPU and CPU overclocking (expensive mobo components and too little on the GPU.

A build with a $70ish name brand motherboard with all solid capacitors (not "solid CPU capacitor"), $500 r9-290x, and i5-4670 non-k will perform much better and cost about the same. The i5 won't bottleneck at least one GPU upgrade.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the info. I think I may move to a 4670K

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube