add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Build For My Mom! (First Timer)

OhJacob
  • 72 months ago

Hi! I'm an avid gamer and computer enthusiast and I'm looking to build my first rig for my mother. She plays fairly hardware-easy games, browses the internet, watches YouTube videos, etc. I would like to build a rig specific to her needs and would like opinions on it. I would prefer to keep the budget around or below $400 USD. I would like the games that she does play to run at a good FPS on high(est) graphics, mostly Minecraft, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, 2, and the original.

Here is the current build I've created. I figure it's overkill, but I would like opinions on what I can swap out but still maintain quality.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HRRYQ7

Let me know what you think, thanks!

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Consider an APU build without a graphics card. 4gb isn't much memory so consider getting a single 4gb card. Do you really need a disk drive? Run Linux (recommend Ubuntu) instead of pirating windows. It has native minecraft support and you can play roller coaster tycoon through Wine.

Finally consider using a power supply as it greatly increases performance in anything you do. I use one because I like my computer to start.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Something like this But probably not this because I haven't fully looked into the reviews of everything.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Go more for an APU build, APUs are seriously powerful if you ever actually try one. Also get a powsupply and don't cheap out on wattage and quality.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube