add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help with starter AMD gaming build please peps

jacobd48
  • 72 months ago

Im a complete noob at pc builds really needing the help with a pc that could run good and with good, but "not at all high settings graphics" at a good price. Playing games such as Dekaron, Tera, rift, dragon age. RPG Genre "if that matters" Looking at a bugit of 500$ or a bit more, but if possible less.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

These site should give you some ideas - http://www.logicalincrements.com/#

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, I can help you out, but first let's ask a few questions that will help me help you:

-Do you have a way to get windows on the cheap, such as being a student or shall I assume you will have to bite the full cost? Also windows 7 or 8 preferred?

-Do you have peripherals already? (monitor, mouse, keyboard?)

-Would you prefer saving money now but losing ability to upgrade later on the cheap, or would you prefer spending a tad more but having better ability to upgrade later?

edit: you gonna need a cd drive or wireless internet?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I have Peripherals, yes upgrades would be nice. windows out of the cost no need for Optical Drive have one

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

well windows bites 100 out of you budget right away, so this is a very hard budget to work on. You'll bite another $50 on a TB HDD which is just about as cheap as you can get new nowadays, ~$45 for a gig of ram, $40 for a PSU from a reputable manufacturer since we don't want a crap PSU to fry to whole kit and kaboodle. that leaves us now with $265 for a case, cpu, mobo and video card. As for CPUs I could not recommended the FX-6300k enough, best bang for your buck by far, but even then that's $110, so we now have $155 for everything else. Now, if you go with an ATX mobo/case you will spend more, but have more room for upgrading. Micro atx on the other hand is smaller, cheaper, but you won't have as much room for upgrading later but is pretty much a necessity at this price point. Grab a ~$50 mobo since we won't be overclocking on this budget, grab a cougar spike case for $25 bucks and we now have $80 left for the video card. Personally, for the games you play, I'd say we add $70 to the budget and jump up to an r9 270 and you'll get pretty nice performance.

Now if you skulk through sales (try subscribing to reddit's /r/buildapcsales) you could probably get all of this for under your budget. Also I may have overpriced some things since I'm up in Canada where our pricings are a little different, currency conversion aside.

Eschaton's build is a good one, but frankly I'm not sure the integrated graphics are going to meet your definition of 'good' you will get like 30-40 fps on medium settings for most of what you listed for your game, which is alright.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

This plays all listed games at great settings:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor $119.97 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-S1 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $39.38 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory $71.10 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $52.92 @ Amazon
Case Zalman ZM-T1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $24.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $24.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer $14.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.99 @ NCIX US
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $438.33
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-14 17:47 EDT-0400

P.S. "run well" not "run good." Just remember - use well for verbs, good for the other words.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube