add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Video Editing/Gaming Build 1-2k

orcwarriorspwn19
  • 72 months ago

Pretty new to this, can anyone suggest a build that would be great for Gaming on high settings, Editing in premiere as well as Photoshop and maybe down the line some animation.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, but first, what are you working with right now? Do you need a monitor included in your rig, or do you have one? What's the resolution you have/your desired resolution? How big do you want your monitor to be (if you need one)? Will you also need a keyboard and mouse? Gimme some more info and I can whip something up.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I need a monitor, i have a keyboard and mouse. Res preferably FHD 1920 x 1080 but ONLY if that's a resolution you'd recommend, if not, tell me what you DO recommend.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

This is looking more into video editing perspective rather than gaming perspective

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $339.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Glacer 240L 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $129.99 @ Micro Center
Motherboard MSI Z97-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $137.99 @ Newegg
Memory Kingston 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $139.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $134.99 @ Best Buy
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $79.97 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card $301.98 @ Newegg
Case Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case $79.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply Antec HCG M 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $119.99 @ NCIX US
Monitor Asus PB238Q 23.0" Monitor $199.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1664.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-14 21:33 EDT-0400
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like someone got to it before me, but this is pretty much what I was going to recommend. Really solid build all-around.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

When i set this up am i going to want to over clock anything or do anything extra other than just put it together?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Better use of funds for slightly less. You get a better gpu, and a fully modular power supply for 50 bucks less:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $339.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $100.00 @ NCIX US
Motherboard MSI Z97-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $137.99 @ Newegg
Memory Kingston 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $139.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $109.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $79.99 @ NCIX US
Video Card PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB PCS+ Video Card $351.30 @ Newegg
Case Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case $57.99 @ Micro Center
Power Supply Silverstone Strider Plus 850W 80+ Silver Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $99.99 @ Newegg
Monitor Asus PB238Q 23.0" Monitor $199.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1617.22
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-15 14:44 EDT-0400
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Am i overclocking anything in this scenario?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

the power supply is in case you are overclocking yes, in fact it would probably be enough not only for overclocking but having two cards while overclocking. According to hardocp, 2 overclocked 290x (which consume more power than 290s) will hit 833w load. The 290s will be a bit less, if I had to guess around the 775W range.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

i literally just gave these two to another person on a different thread, take a look.

Intel build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xRxTzy

Amd build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/g4VfFT

if you have any questions just ask :)

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Which build would you recommend personally? I see that the AMD build's processor is quite a bit higher in terms of GHz. What abgout a CD/DVD drive? Any run of the mill one works i suppose?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

an optical drive is up to you, whether you want it to be able to play blu-ray, write dvd's/cd's and what not is up to you.

the amd build does have a beefier cpu but it does not meet the 4770K at its stock clock. overclocking it to around 5ghz will give you the same performance as the 4770K and the 4 more cores will help in any rendering you ever do. hyperthreading is nice and all, but the more cores the better lol.

so personally i would chose the amd build. its got plenty of room to expand if you ever choose to and its more powerful when you overclock it.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Am i good to overclock the gpu and motherboard here? Im not really sure how to do any of that but i know it has something to do with balancing the frequencies and multipliers or something along those lines. If i choose to overclock the cpu am i most likely going to overclock the gpu or the motherboard?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

you cant overclock a mobo. most gpu's come with software that will let you just unlock the card and set simple overclock settings. but yes the mobo does support overclocking, so you can overclock the cpu to around 5ghz and the gpu to whatever you feel like it running at.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

thankyou

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube