add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$1500-1700 limit Perfect performance first build! Help required!

Parker1993
  • 72 months ago

Hey guys, I have a Alienware m17x laptop, I play bf4,LoL,Rust,Bf3,Infestation,Forest and some simulators. Here's my problem the Alienware just isn't cutting it for me was a impulse buy over a year ago and regretted it since. I do get comfortable fps on most game but she is starting to over heat a little to much now even with cooler under it.. So I'm setting out to do a nice clean build that will play all of the new games this year! So keen for whitcher 3 and evolve!!! Haha thing is I only have about 1700 to work with just for the computer I got extra for everything else!! Please help!! As I have a few build out together but very hesitant to start buying without abit of critiscm! Okay go!:)

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Parker1993/saved/pq8j4D

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Parker1993/saved/pq8j4D Oops that a rough idea at what I'm looking at ATM :)

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that's pretty solid. a 770 should handle anything this year in 1080p at ultra settings.

Although, you appear to be missing a case.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I should I said I was in aus:( the 780ti is going for 800+ ATM and the corsair cooler is 150 :/ should I maybe for kit out for the 780ti?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah yeah I'm missing a case cause I have 3 here already :P

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

It looks pretty good, but you should get a 280X instead, it's cheaper and brings almost identical performance.

Or if you want to stay in the same price range, get a 290(780's counterpart)

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't the R9 290 put out a lot of heat?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Referent(with the stock AMD cooler) 290s do, but non-referent(i.e. XFX'es Double Disspation, Sapphire's Tri-X, MSI's Twin Frozr, ...) don't.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay I'll go check it out right now.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

So I changed it the to 280x twin froze and got https plat 80+ antecedent power supply and saved about $100

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $233.97 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $99.98 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $194.98 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card $669.99 @ Micro Center
Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case $99.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $84.99 @ NCIX US
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.98 @ OutletPC
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1688.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-15 10:26 EDT-0400

This should do very nicely.

• 4670k is a wonderfully powerful 4-core which is great for gaming since most games only use up to 4 cores atm

• Solid h100i cpu cooler to keep the 4670k cool when you overclock it to crazy levels

• 8 gig rams is enough for gaming, maybe grab more if you tend to do a ton of multitasking

• 780 ti is a superpowered card, there's nothing you can't throw at it

• Case is a popular case with good features and aesthetics. You can always choose another if you don't like it though.

• PSU is top of the line, fully modular,gives you enough room to maybe stick another 780 ti in down the line and on sale right now.

• If you're a student, grab windows on the cheap with student bargains, or if you can bare to do so, switch to 8 since it seems to run a little cheaper

EDIT: I see from your edit I missed that you're in australia, so you can probably ignore most of this then.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

How about this build http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Brodiezx10r/saved/9jkj4D Gives you a 290 which is great card for gaming

• 72 months ago
  • 0 points

I like that build as well, it'd definately perform but is the kraken necessary for the intel? it would let me acheive some nice oc' on it tho:P

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Well the kraken is $1 cheaper then the h100i so I thought it would be a better option for overclocking

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You are right Brodie also after a little research I found that the kraken is another 20mm longer so that would be. Huge difference in heat dissipation:)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube