add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First comp, trying to stay at 1k, more upgradeable motherboard.

cbacco
  • 72 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wbNYQ7

So, I went on here last night to ask for some help and it turned out that it was obvious I was making some rookie mistakes. A nice person recommended me the following build and so far the only complaint that I had is there wasn't room for more growth on the motherboard. only two ram slots and limited at 16 Gb. I am hoping to keep this beast and mod it as future games and programs come out.

So I was thinking about the below motherboard. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-csmb85me45 It's still in my price range and I think it gives me what I need.

Am I thinking about this the right way?

Also, can I get an an examples of what this radeon R9 270x video cards will be limited by? I don't really know much about how to tell if they are appropriate.

And any other advice is more than welcome.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

Personally, I think dual monitors is not feasible at 1K if you want to get the best out of your money. Buying one now and another later would be a better idea so you can get better parts and not be limited by your graphics card. I think you should remove one of the monitors and get a graphics card like this, or even an R9 280x. If you want to keep upgrading it you don't want to be bottlenecked by the GPU.

but here's my opinion on the motherboard The CSM is better, but I like this one. BTW, it says 64GB but it's actually only 32GB. Also, you will be limited because right now you have 2x4 memory and if you keep using this you will be limited to 16GB. If you really want to upgrade, go with 1 stick, so you can use it to the fullest.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Does the limit on a motherboard work by connector? If I get 2 4 gig sticks on your recommended motherboard, then that leaves me two slots. Do those have to be limited to 4 gig as well?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube