add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First time builder, $700-$750 gaming PC.

drogbafan
  • 72 months ago

Is everything compatible? Please tell me about any problems you see happening with this build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $174.98 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $98.98 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $64.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $84.98 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $52.92 @ Amazon
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card $200.00
Case Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $44.99 @ Micro Center
Power Supply Antec High Current Pro 850W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $0.00
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $721.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-15 22:45 EDT-0400

In case you were wondering: My friend found me the GPU on eBay for 200, brand new. He also owns the PSU, and he's willing to let me have it.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

The only thing i would really say is 1) id go with something like G-skill Ripjaw Ram and 2) your motherboard/case is going to limit your ability to upgrade in the future. the Processor is a solid one though as long as you arent planning to overclock and sapphire makes great cards. getting that thing for 200 is a beastly deal and you need to get on that right away.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

How are they going to limit my ability to upgrade in the future?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

micro anything is just smaller. they generally dont have any crossfire or sli capabilities and they hold less ram. if you get a micro case there is no garuntee that you can fit anything inside it passed a very basic system, in fact im not even sure that the 280x would fit in a micro case, its a pretty big card. That would be a good think to check actually go to the case and look at the measurements and see if its big enough to hold your card. and like i said the motherboard is very limiting say if you wanted to get a second graphic card you cant do that, if you wanted do overclock you cant do that because the board isnt optimized for it, it doesnt have a whole lot of room for adding things like ram or other pci slot devices like wifi cards or sound cards. you can get it. but its important that you are aware what you are sacrificing to do so.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

They fit titans into the micro cases very tightly:P 780 is 20 or so shorter isn't it? So the 280 would fit?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

it depends on the case again. it might fit. another problem also would be cooling definitely if its a tight fit. im just not a fan of micro cases, if you want to upgrade later you pretty much HAVE to buy a new mobo and case

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thy only thing I'd like to ad is the amd graphics card like to sit at 75 and in a mini case that's a lot of heat right next to ur CPU. Maybe if you went mad CPU gtx 760/770 . Gout is cooler and the CPU would be kept in check fine. With a decent cooler

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube