add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Last Few Opinions on $2750 Build

JustAnotherGamer
  • 72 months ago

This is my first build. It will be used for heavy gaming and moderate editing. I've researched my @ss off the last few months to determine what parts to get and I've also decided I'd like to keep the mobo, CPU, RAM, and GPU. Just want a few last opinions. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7PnjNG Also, I tried to skimp out on storage as much as I could without sacrificing to much performance in order to spend the money on other parts.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

nice headset, mouse and keyboard are pretty awesome. alot of fans so good job wifi chip is fine but it would be cheaper to just get a dongle. monitor is great. could be cheaper . i dont' think you would like windows 8.1. my opinion since this is for gaming i reccomend 7 because 8.1 is for touchscreens. my opinion. blu ray drive is sweet. alot of power, case lloks good but could have got a better looking one. but it is good for features. nice cheap hard drive. solid state drive is fine but you could have got a hybrid. cool motherboard. awesome cooler and cpu. graphics card very important and very good. but just to remind you when you build ocmputer make sure you know how to like most of it before spending 2000.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

i use 8.1 and for gaming i dont see whats so bad with it. Navigating around may be a little challenging but the increased speed of boot up on W8 from W7 is pretty substantial.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I use windows 8.1 and I love it, also, I've researched everything on this list for several months and I feel satisfied. Plus, the 760T to me is one of the sexiest cases I've ever seen. Thanks for the input. Can't wait to build this thing! :)

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

That's one beast of a build you've got there. You'll have fun with it.

• 72 months ago
  • 0 points

While you said you'd like to keep them, I'm going to change them anyway to show you what you could do shifting funds around to better focus on performance.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $339.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $99.98 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $118.99 @ Amazon
Memory Team Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $129.99 @ Newegg
Storage PNY XLR8 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $99.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $52.92 @ Amazon
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 290X 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) $469.99 @ NCIX US
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 290X 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) $469.99 @ NCIX US
Case Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case $119.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $149.99 @ NCIX US
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) $129.99 @ Best Buy
Monitor Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor $249.23 @ B&H
Wireless Network Adapter Intel 7260HMWDTX1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter $46.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard $119.99 @ NCIX US
Mouse Corsair Raptor M40 Wired Optical Mouse $27.99 @ NCIX US
Headphones Asus Orion Pro 7.1 Channel Headset $104.99 @ Newegg
Other Corsair Vengeance MM200 Extended Edition Gaming Mousepad $32.99
Other NZXT Red LED strip $9.99
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $2773.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-17 00:20 EDT-0400

CPU: Upped to 4790k because why not, same price and better thermal performance if nothing else.

Mobo: ASUS ROG boards are overpriced as heck, and the performance doesn't make up for it because motherboards all perform within a few percent of one another.

RAM: Cheaper just to help balance things.

GPU: You said you want Nvidia, but I'm still changing it. For the same price you could get a 290x which gives you 95% of the performance for 300 bucks less and an extra gb of vram. For the same price as your initial build, I fit TWO 290x in.

Case: You don't need a fulltower at all. In fact no one does unless they're doing liquid cooling or 4 card setups if I'm honest.

Power supply: increased to give the setup more breathing room and overclocking.

Fans: I don't get why people do push pull on dual rad clcs. The simple fact of the matter is it literally will lower your temps a FEW DEGREES AT MOST. That is not going to make or break your overclocks I can guarantee. What's more if you're going to get different fans, get something that isn't corsair because there are much better performers for the price. Noiseblocker eLoops, B.Gears blasters, scythe grand flex, silverstone air penetrators, there's a bunch more.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't get me wrong, I like what you did. But I REALLY need to stay below $2750. I finally had to draw the line somewhere, because believe it or not this started as a $1700 build. I'm still adamant about keeping those things because I'm stubborn. That's about it. (In other words, it can be hard to convince me of some things. That's just me.) Also, the 760T looks completely incredible, IMO. I do later plan on making a custom loop and probably getting another GPU. Also, will I need 1000W for an SLI setup?

• 72 months ago
  • 0 points

Well it's your money in the end. Getting this build down 23 bucks is very easy to do in all honesty. As for the power supply no. Only 780tis you'd want to consider using a 1000w psu on would be classifieds or (if there are) any others with unlocked voltage.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. :)

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube