add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC gaming build that you would spot me as a noob

cybermoo
  • 72 months ago

I am trying to build a game build. here is what I put together: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/cybermoo/saved/qGtQzy

I am thinking it is way too much but i am tired of getting 12 FPS on diablo 3. Hence you will probably notice the ridiculous build. My wish list is to build a computer to get 200 fps on diablo and also be ready for the upcoming unreal tournament.

Does anyone have a good idea on how I should do this with spending the least?

The only thing I do not want to compromise is the PC came.

TIA!

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you saw that the cooler is not compatible with the case?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

well I can tell you one thing, with that price range it won't happen. Expect to spend 3000$ for a 200 fps range. ISH.... ? Anyway's if you are only worried about performance. I can come up with something better than you've got. and by PC came. I assume you mean PC case. No offense dude. But that case kind of blows. While it might be nice to look at, it offers very little in terms of performance or usability. There are a ton of good looking cases out there that offer much more performance. Please let me know if you are dead set on sticking with it. Also, you don't need to get 200 fps. 60 is the max anything higher than 45 and you won't notice an increase.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I meant case. I am a duddett... Anyways I know it is ridiculous computer. I want something that meets my expectation. 200 FPS on diablo 3. I have also not found any case pretty enough to expose in my living room... I would love to have you suggest me the best kind that meets my goal. Would you mind suggesting me one, please?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Here,

This will give you the looks, and potentially the 200 FPS you are looking for, while being about 500$ cheaper than what you originally had. More money does not always necessarily mean better :P

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $218.98 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard $214.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $69.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $134.99 @ Best Buy
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.99 @ NCIX US
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card $509.99 @ Amazon
Case BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case $64.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply SeaSonic 660W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $99.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.99 @ NCIX US
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1458.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-17 12:45 EDT-0400
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok! I agree! This looks awesome! nailed it!

You think windows 8.1 is better than 7? for future things to come?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you also think the mini tower will have separate drive bay i can remove to fit the card? it seems it is not very compatible.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

yes it fits I checked dont worry :P. Most people would probably say yes go with windows 8.1 because it offers future Direct X versions that won't be offered in Windows 7. Personally I can't stand windows 8 so I will be sticking with windows 7 for a long time. This won't mean you won't be able to play future games, It just means you might not get the same quality. If there was anytime to switch to 8.1 for you though, it would probably be now.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube