add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build want to rush to get this thing built unless you guys can configure something better which I think not

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

What will this be used for? The CPU definitely seems overkill if you are just gaming.

• 72 months ago
  • 0 points

Yes it will be used for intense gaming for 8+ hours a day on the most graphically demanding games that are current or come in the future.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I have to go with Tekillah on this one, I dont like your build at all. and as he pointed out to me 1x8 gb only runs at 1/2 the speed as 2x4 because of the dual sockets on the newer MB's If your going with 8gig you got to go with 2x8

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I will go with 2x8 gb in the future hell I may even eventually be running 8x8 gb in it in the future.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

ok but just so you know your running your memory at 1/2 speed with anything 1x

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with Tekillah, but if you really want an i7, what's the point in LGA2011? Just go with the 4790k.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, you don't actually need 1x8, but if you do, you have a DDR3-1333 stick down. Don't get 1333. Get a 1600 stick.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Well how much more expensive is a 4790k than a 4820k and does it have a higher ghz than the 4820k?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

4790k is 15 dollars more than 4820k and runs at 4.0ghz.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

if you really want to get more out of your rig, you don't upgrade the processor past a 4670k .... you upgrade your gpu. Trust us we know. We've all done the research and seen the benchmarks.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry to tell you but I dont like your build. Tekillah knows what his talking about and you are a bit confused. i7 vs i5 has no difference in gaming. 2x4gb is more efficient than 1x8gb. SSD is a must have even more important than choosing an i7 over an i5. I love that GPU so no complaint over there. Then everything else is ok.

Hope you can build a good Gaming Rig.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 72 months ago
  • -1 points

i'm sorry but I don't like your build I believe my build has better peripherals and you don't even have a monitor in your build.

• 72 months ago
  • -1 points

I don't see how it is better your cpu is an i5-4690k and mine is an i7-4820k there needs no explaining for that. Your video card is an Radeon R9 280X and mine is a GTX 770 so yeah I win there again. Plus I don't need a SSD that just adds $134 extra to my build that I don't need. And finally why so many case fans? The case comes with an adequate amount of quality fans in it.

• 72 months ago
  • 0 points

I want an i7 because I just believe they are faster in my opinion my friend upgraded from an i5 4670k to an i7 4820k and there are many noticeable differences in graphics on games and overall performance of the computer. I want lots of ram in the future on 8gb sticks only because ram makes a computer faster which means I will be able to multitask better than most PC gamers and not have to worry about my PC slowing down. Also for the GTX770 I just trust nvidia more than AMD it seems like their gfx cards are higher priced than AMD cards but they offer better performance and most PC games are optimized for nvidia cards.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube