add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HTPC/Steambox build. Will I see bottlenecking with this CPU-GPU combo? Other thoughts?

daven88
  • 72 months ago

I plan to use this as a replacement for cable TV, in-home Steam streaming as well as mobile LAN party PC. Already have the Case, RAM, SSD, and HDD.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/daven88/saved/D4Dj4D

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

Good build just dont expect to play in ultra resolution.

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

You already have the case, RAM, SSD and HDD. what's the budget for the other parts?

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

If you upgrade the GPU (To like R9 290 or GTX 780) later down the line, bottlenecking on the cpu intensive games will happen. you may want to consider a FX 6300 or FX 8320 to reduce any bottlenecking down the line for a while.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd like to keep the budget for the rest under $500. Not expecting to max out games with this build. Is there any drawback going micro-atx rather than mini-itx in order to get the AMD FX series CPU into the build? Though I'm not planning on getting this to max out games or anything in the near future.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

So I guess the FX is out as apparently the Cooler Master Elite 130 will not support micro itx. weird.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube