add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I need Cold / Harsh / criticism of this build.

Tahab_1
  • 72 months ago

Please view this in UK mode :) http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Tahab_1/saved/kMCD4D

So basically I'm making my first PC, it's going to be for gaming and editing, all the high-end games and editing be minimal 3D work and mainly AE work as well as Sony Vegas. I understand Nvidia would be more convenient but I appreciate the Radeon series just because there is more choice and price differences. I need really strong criticism of this build because I will be buying the parts in about a month's time. What can I improve? Please try to keep the price as it is or below. I do not want an SSD drive just because of the little space I can afford. I will be downloading a lot of programmes and because I can't use both the HDD and SSD to store my programme files 120gb just won't be enough, I will also be buying another HDD down the road. I also want this build to be future proof which is why I have the newest CPU on the market which is not yet out. The GPU can easily be replaced or crossfired soon enough.

Please be as harsh as possible with criticism!

Tahab_1

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Harsh, ok

You idiot for that budget get an sad at least Some people

[comment deleted]
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha, alright I've heard nothing but good things about the h100i, and it looks pretty easy to install will also be using the Noctua fans with it may use the two H100i fans for my case, I can only pretty much afford a 120gb SSD and that is NOT enough for me, if there was a way to install programme files on the HDD and SSD I'd have got one without a doubt. Seeing as I will be getting windforce you're right 850 is not enough for crossfire, I was originally going for the direct cu ii (which meant I could possibly crossfire but not with Windforce) but I wanted better cooling so I might downgrade and if in 5 years my GPU gets outdated then I'll just switch GPUs. I'll downgrade to 750 watts

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Its not hard to just put your OS and primary programs on a small SSD. Then you can install other applications on the slower 'whatever drive'. Some little bits will get written to the SSD boot drive too - registry entries, small things that make teh computer turn on correctly, etc.

I would recommend at least a 120 GB SSD, that will put your OS with room for programs like word processor... or games you want to run slick as eel ****. But your other big slower HDD drive has everything else.

There are tutorials online that will explain what to do and why.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm, I was actually told that you can ONLY have the OS files on one Drive, so only your SSD or HDD, if there's a way to keep certain programmes on an SDD and the rest on a HDD, I would really appreciate a YouTube tutorial link!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Cheers!

[comment deleted]
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I've made a thread before and I had some people tell me that 850 Watt was enough and others that said I'd need at least 1000watts, somebody even suggested 500...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube