add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build, Gaming, Overclocking, How does this look?

SuperMex88
  • 72 months ago

Hello.

First off, the build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Lc2Tzy

Title says it all in terms of intentions of this build. Played on consoles most of my life, decided it was time to make the jump to PC. Areas of improvement? Any recommendations for a certain part? I would like to keep it around this price but will go up to a max of around $900.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You need a better cooler...look at a Cooler Master Seidon 240M 86.2 CFM Liquid. Variable speed so it will be quiet when CPU is not working hard but ramp up for cooling with fairly quiet fans when needed. IMO If you want to overclock, protect that cpu with enough cooling.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds good, I'll take a look. Thank you.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You know what I could be wrong. Take at look at this guy's build...

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Vmzypg See how he has the fans, sorts of having the case fan working with the cooler and cooler fan. That might do it for you too without spending $30.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

This looks good, I'll probably follow this example since it will cost less, and like you said it will get the job done. Again, thank you for the help.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Ignore monkey. The Hyper 212 is plenty fine for an i5 4690k. It won't let you overclock as high as the Seidon, but a 212 will be perfect for running your i5.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube