add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Final setup. Opinions on last minute changes.

PCJosh1992
  • 72 months ago

Would like to add some case fans, looking for a good monitor, keyboard and mouse. Would appreciatesecond opinions on the MoBo, and GPU. Goal was to future-proof a little bit the amount I was willing to spend on the build itself. Thanks for the input!

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PCJosh1992/saved/HHtQzy

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Ill take this GPU over yours http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr929oc4gd Or you can use an i5 and get a 290x

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Appears to be a satisfactory mobo. Just the usual reminders, like any mobo, do NOT update the BIOS via Windows, do NOT use the drivers included in the disc. Use the current drivers available from the MSI website. Lastly, [H]ardOCP suggests installation of the operating system using USB flash drive.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to rember that when I start building.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You may want to consider going with the R9 290. More performance for about $30 extra.

If you plan on overclocking (especially if you go with the 290) you may want a 750 watt PSU.

Why Windows 7? No DX 11.1 or 11.2 and no DX 12 in the future. There are other features you won't get either. If the interface seems that bad to you get Classic Shell.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube