add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Estimated 420 watt build; Will a 550 watt PSU be enough?

expresurself
  • 70 months ago

As the the title says, my planned build is an estimated 420 watts, will a 550 watt PSU be good enough for this?

Obviously I know it's better to get a PSU with a higher wattage for safety, but I don't want to been going stupid and buying a ridiculously high wattage just for the sake of it.

Looking at the XFX 550w if you was wondering which PSU I was intending to use.

Cheers Males & Females.

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point

So about 550W then! Cheers

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Indeed!

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

The pcpartpicker calculator is pretty accurate so just make sure the rails can support it. Take the amps on 12v rail and multiply by 12 and you get the wattage.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube