add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need an opinion and a question

sanjsrik
  • 72 months ago

Hi all,

Still pricing it all out. I found a way to price this all out and pay for most of this with Amazon dollars/Amex points where my total outlay will be about $450. However, I need opinions about the build (all are welcome):

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/sanjsrik/saved/YMYLrH

There is a warning at the bottom of this build:

"Some Intel Z87 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Haswell Refresh CPUs."

What does this warning mean? Will the thing boot up? Will I have to upgrade before using the CPU?

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Sometimes the manufacturers have updated the BIOS already, sometimes they haven't. You could try contacting the retailer, but they might not know.

If its not updated, you would need to put a compatible cpu in the mobo to update the BIOS. If you went with the 4670 or 4670k, you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube