add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Spahrtan
  • 72 months ago

Hello all!

This is my first time building a "gaming" PC and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me some feedback? I'm looking to spend around $700 for a decent build that will last a good-ish amount of time. Seriously, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Below is the build I've researched and come up with.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Spahrtan/saved/vN22FT

Thanks!

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

It is a decent list for your budget. The only issue is your going to find the 270x being capped out a lot especially in high-max graphics.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have any recommendations?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately not with your budget. The 270x should be able to play any game though, but probably at mid-high graphics at the most. If you can bare that for a year or so, you can always save up for a 290/x in the future.

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

I have an R9 270 and with medium and even high settings, games are very playable.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

depends on the game and what is optimized for. The 270 will struggle on games optimized for nvidia pretty badly whereas the extra power under the hood in a 290/x will be able to do better. On games optimized for radeon, the 270 will perform well, maybe even high settings like you suggest if its not very intensive on the 270.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

For $200 you can get the XFX R9 280 ($685 total), or the Asus or Saphire 280 for $220($705). GTX 760's start at $230 which would put you at $715 total.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube