add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First computer Build.

InsaneIAK
  • 72 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/InsaneIAK/saved/j7Nv6h

Will these components work? Are there any issues? Am I missing something?

(I'm not going to use a CPU Cooler, as my CPU comes with one).

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes these components would work, but I wouldn't recommend them. If I were to change some stuff, here is what i would do:

1) Change the CPU to the current generation. A 4670 should work. I don't think you are going to overclock, so getting a unlocked CPU(the 4670K) would be pointless. The price difference of the 4670 and 3570K shouldn't be much.

2) Change the motherboard to a H87. Again, assuming you are not going to overclock, getting a Z87 board is pointless unless you plan to have multiple hardrives or run SLI/XFire.

3) Get a non-reference model of the GTX 780. It'll offer better cooling and (in my opinion) better looks. Also, i don't know why you chose the most expensive 780 card... With $725, you could buy a 780Ti non-reference model.

4) Get a CD drive(unless you plan to boot the OS from a USB). Cheap one for about $15 and done.

5) If you need wireless, heres a decent card that isn't too pricy. Though Ethernet will always be better :).

Wireless Card: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-wireless-network-card-rnxn250pce

How to boot from USB: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/ss/install-windows-8-usb-tutorial.htm

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Uhm..pretty weird combo, I gotta say..

To sum up what Reznock said(with a few changes):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $184.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $88.99 @ Newegg
Memory Avexir Core series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $68.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $77.99 @ NCIX US
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card $369.99 @ NCIX US
Case NZXT Phantom (White) ATX Full Tower Case $79.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) $97.98 @ OutletPC
Monitor BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz 24.0" Monitor $259.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1288.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-19 16:36 EDT-0400

Same/very similar performance for less money..

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thanks a lot, but is the radeon better than the GTX780? And is that motherboard compatible with the CPU?

And no I won't overclock :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube