add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build, with some help from a little more experienced friends.

kwaelbro
  • 72 months ago

Parts List: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kwaelbro/saved/cw448d

Okay, so I'm building my computer for the first time. I'm a college student, so I've saved up for a long time to make it great (hopefully). I'm looking to keep the build under $1200. I've never had a gaming computer before, so that's pretty much what I was aiming to build. If you have any suggestions (especially in regards to equal parts at a lesser value, or better parts at an equal value), please let me know!

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

go with the r9 280 it is better than the 760 also follow the tips Tekillah gave you. do that and it is a great build

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Why not go with the PNY optima for the SSD? That SSD is 90$ for 240GB. Also I would go with a 280x. They are at 270-300 for some type of sale. Also do not go with a 144hz monitor since this would not get 120fps.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

The 280x is cheaper then a 780 within a 5% performance. Also PNY is reliable but not as reliable and known for your reasons. And ok with the monitor.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all the help!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube