add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Advice with PC build (Specifically cooling issues)

Steeley
  • 72 months ago

So this is my current build, from Cyberpower.

BLUETOOTH:None

CAPTURECARD:None

CAS:Cooler Master Elite 310 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side Panel Window [-8] (Blue Colour)

CASUPGRADE:NONE

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE. (BLACK Colour)

CD2:NONE

COOL:NONE

CPU:INTEL® Core™ i5-4590 Quad Core 3.30 GHz 6MB Cache LGA1150 + HD Grapics [-75]

CS_FAN:Default Case Fan

DONGLES:NONE

EXPAN:NONE

FA_HDD:None

FAN:Corsair Hydro Series H100 Performance Liquid Cooling system w/240mm Radiator (OEM Version) [+22] (Corsair CPU Water Cooling Overclockable XXX)

FLASHMEDIA:None

FREEBIE_VC1:FREE Watch_Dogs Game Coupon [+0]

HDD:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)

HDD2:NONE

HOMEINSTALL:NONE

IEEE_CARD:NONE

INSURANCE:NONE

KEYBOARD:NONE

MB_SRT_Z87:None

MEMORY:16GB (2x8GB) DDR3/1866mhz Dual Channel Memory [+94] (Kingston HyperX Genesis w/Heat Spreader)

MONITOR:NONE

MONITOR2:NONE

MONITOR3:NONE

MOTHERBOARD:Gigabyte Z97-HD3 INTEL Z97 Chipset, ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, 7.1 HD Audio, HDMI, GbLAN, USB 3.0, SATA-III, 1x Gen2 PCIe x16, 1x Gen2 PCIe x4, 2x PCIe x 1 & 2x PCI

MOUSE:NONE

NETWORK:ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT -- As standard on all PCs

OS:Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium [+74] (64-bit Edition)

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:600 Watts Power Supplies [+32] (Cooler Master B600 B-Series Gaming Power Supply)

RUSH:NONE

SERVERUNIT:NONE

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS:NONE

TABLET:None

TEMP:NONE

TVRC:NONE

UPS:None

USB1:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports [+0]

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+130] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

VIDEO2:None, or On-Board Integrated Graphics

VIDEO3:None, or On-Board Integrated Graphics

WARRANTY:DESKTOP STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 2 Year Parts, 1 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical Support

WNC:NONE

XWNA:NONE

Everything checks out on the website, like everything fits, and the power works out, but I just want to know if the fans will be strong enough. A big problem with my PC at the moment, is it sounds like a jet engine when it plays any half decent game, or renders anything at all.

Does the fan need to be more powerful? Should I get noise reduction?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

A sendor maybe. Check all the temps when it happens and then look at what the cooling profile for your fan is (assuming you use some sort of fan speed program).

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

In my opinion, as a pc gamer building your own rig will give you a great satisfaction and you'll love it more. So buy the parts and build it yourself. Btw you wont have problems with the cooling with that specs but you can always get a better case.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I did that last time, and it had too many problems, such as blue-screening each time it starts up, and just being generally slow, so I don't really trust myself to put it together well... It was fun and rewarding though.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

This is a site for PC builders and building, not people specifying machines from third party vendors. I fail to see how your thread is relevant.

You'd do better if you take that parts list and structure an actual PCPP saved parts list, and post like you actually want to build the thing. Technically it's lying, but in the end it'd be a bit of a victimless transgression of social mores so it wouldn't be that big a deal.

Also, doing that would prevent the problem you've created that your parts list is nearly impossible to read. No one wants to wade through that mass of all-caps and needless rows containing NONE.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube