add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

VGA led error- Asus Z97-A

Spider13
  • 72 months ago

I just got my build up and running recently but on power up after getting windows going I get a VGA led and boot device led and nothing comes up on the screen. All I have to do is turn it off and then turn it on and it boots up perfectly but this happens every time it is powered off for a while. What is causing this and how do I fix it?

Here is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/KXsJ7P

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I have exactly the same problem. The system booted OK the first time but unlike you, I have been unable to boot it up again. I will appreciate if you let me know if you find a solution to the problem. Thank you. Bill_Raleigh

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

I actually reported this in troubleshooting - It was a RAM issue for me. I accidentally fixed it by setting my ram to an xmp profile instead of auto and now it's all good. I guess I'd make sure everything is plugged in right and I've seen others suggest plugging in the minimal components (ie only one stick of ram) and see if it boots)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube