add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
MrDevo
  • 72 months ago

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/pxwmFT

Thoughts on the build and parts ? First time building a pc and would like advice, looking to play games like dayz, bf4 at good fps and good graphics levels. I may also use it to do video editing and photoshop but more focused on gaming I dont want to spend too much

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I am new here. Just put in my first build and parts are in transit. But looking at your list compared to mine, I think you can get better prices on the parts. Your memory is $105, I think you can get some for $75 that are similar and would serve as well. I got a 270x instead of the 270 you have for $150 compared to your $210. It's a PowerColor not MSI, but you get the idea. PowerColor reviews I have read are pretty good, and the price difference is something to consider.

I would shop around a little more if I were you. As far as the parts themselves vs. another part, I'll leave that to someone else.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Could you link me your list ? I would like to see the items you are listing also how does the radeon r9 270x perform ?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

As far as performance, the x means it is overclockable I think. In otherwords it is generally better than without the x. The brand name has a lot to do with the price difference, not the radeon type. That is something you would have to consider if you want an MSI card compared to Power Color or whatever.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

you may need more then 8gb ram if you are going to render larger amounts when video editing or streaming

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jgKbCJ

There it is. My overall build is $1200, including monitor, headsets a higher end motherboard and such. But individually you can see places where your build could save.

There is $5 difference between your 6300 and my builds 8320. The 6300 is a good card, but at that price you might as well get the 8320 no? etc etc...

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

What I did on partpicker is after I got a good idea of what I wanted, I would filter out everything else by clicking on the filters on the right. The 6300 in this case. I would then pick maybe one higher and maybe one other. Then I would sort the list of those items by clicking the price column to sort by price. Sometimes I would see a deal that would justify me going higher or lower with that piece. I was dead set on 280x video card, then someone mentioned the 270x for $160 cheaper and for my build, it was a good option. I could actually get TWO 270x and put them in crossfire cheaper than I could get one ASUS 280x. And 270x isn't bad itself, just not as good.

On your build, I would look at RAM, Processor, video card, and PSU as places you could do better with your money. I paid $100 for an XFX Silver Certified 750 for $10 higher than your Corsair 500.

• 72 months ago
  • 0 points

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kohleran/saved/2X8j4D

Here is a list I put little effort into, Approximately $100 cheaper and better parts for the most part. I just kept the same motherboard you had, since I wasn't going to do due diligence in researching about them. But this will give you a starting point to play around with.

I didn't put in a case since you had N/A on your build for the case. You could put the extra saved (for better parts mind) toward more RAM if you need too later.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks so you recommend a better cpu for the future , also i have heard i only need 8gb of ram as i don't need to run anything to intense besides games and a bit of photoshop , im currently using a school macbook with 2 gb of ram.

For a case i picked a
Corsair 230T Windowed-BLUE ATX Mid Tower Case .

Also is a radeon r9 270x better than the radeon r9 270 does it matter much?

I want this computer to last for a few years playing new games

Thank You to all who have given me advice

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes 8 GB is enough. In your original post you said you were going to be doing video editing which more RAM helps. Use your favorite web searcher (google/yahoo) and search for r9 270 vs r9 270x

I haven't tested my 270x yet, cause my parts haven't arrived. I am hoping it will play all games, and some games on very high settings.

Your build list doesn't include the cost of that case is the reason I left it out of my list I made. Also you haven't included an OS, Monitor, headset/speakers, moust, keyboard and such. If you have those then great, but remember those costs when your setting your budget. My $1200 build would be slightly under 1k if I already had just the headset and monitor.

I am just suggesting savings on parts you have. Other posters may be able to help refine your build even more. Like I said, I am new to PC Building myself.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah people are saying the 270 is fine and the $50 price jump to a 270x isnt worth it, also i won't be overclocking soon as im new and scared to brake something, the 6300 and the 8320 have a $40 price jump for me is it worth the jump or should i stick with a cheaper as the 6300 is said to be better for overclocking.

With OS i hate windows but i know i will need it apparently windows 7 is good and for a monitor do you have any suggestions for a decent 1080x1920 around 24 inch monitor for gaming and has a good colour vibrance for photoshop?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

6300 to 8320 is $28 difference. The 6300 is a good CPU, your call. Depends on the manufacturer as to the price between 270/270x. Your build had a 270 for $210 dollars. You can get a 270x for $150. All depends on the which manufacturer you want to go with and if you want the 270 or 270x. Your choice.

As far as monitor, I got one <$150 and came in second on this top 10 list: http://computers.toptenreviews.com/monitors/

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube