add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Motherboard Bios Update. Help!

newgeneration
  • 72 months ago

I have an Asus M5a78l-M LX Plus that I got from Microcenter. I have an FX-6300 to go with it. Does the motherboard come shipped with the latest Bios version, or do I have to update it? If I have to update the bios, do I need to have an older CPU to use the EZ flash 2 utility to update, or can I just use the 6300 to update? Thanks!

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

To find out go to the ASUS website You can see here that that motherboard supports the FX6300 since bios 1201. However I recently installed an intel i3-4150 into a bios which apparently required an update and it posted fine out of the box. So who knows really. the socket works so worst case scenario you can install it and if it doesn't post you can get a new bios chip off Ebay or something, just ask them to flash the latest bios to it. Or you could take it back...

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

So that others do not waste their time repeating, previous TOPIC.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube