add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Possible defect?

Aenast
  • 72 months ago

I was installing a CPU today and I noticed something strange. One of the pins in the socket was abnormally shiny, I thought it was bent and nearly had a heart attack. Upon further inspection with a magnifying glass it just turned out to be shiny, I didn't think the pin was bent. This is an Intel socket. Do you think this will cause problems down the road? Has anyone else had anything like this? The defect was on the motherboard socket.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Bump. Wondering if this will affect my cpu in any way and if I need to get a replacement.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube