add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair Vengeance C70

blastking90

66 months ago

So, this case has many extra places where you can put fans. My questions are should i get more fans to maximize air flow and cooler, how many more fans do i need, where should those fans be placed, and should i replace the stock fans?

Fan Mount Locations Front: (x2) 120mm Top: (x2) 120/140mm Rear: (x1) 120mm Bottom: (x2) 120/140mm Side: (x2) 120/140mm MId: (x2) 120mm

and this is my current build

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/blastking90/saved/sF66Mp

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I also have been thinking about maybe getting the 450d instead which also has a crazy amount of fan mounts. Same questions just applied to the corsair 450d

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I just got the 450D. I was wondering the same thing. I'll probably put 6 in. I'm thinking the more important question might be how many for intake and exhaust and what location.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

It depends what you are going to do with the system. Looking at your current build, I wouldn't bother mounting more fans to the front of the case. Have two fans at the top, two fans either in front of or behind he motherboard tray and then one at the rear of the case.

Have you re-orinated the side window of the case to allow for better views of your stuff? I am not a fan with perspex glass with fan mounts.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

you could go overkill and join the 900D fan-club (pun intended), but in all seriousness, the HAF XM is definitely a case worthy of your attention :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube