add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

SSI CEB Motherboards

OKTowelie

66 months ago

I am looking at starting my first custom built workstation/server and I have been trying to model my pc around the ASUS P9X79-E WS Motherboard, but I keep running into the same issue. The case. I really want to go with the Corsair Obsidian 900D Super Tower Case, but it doesn't say that it is compatible with SSI boards. From what I have heard, E-ATX compatible cases are able to fit SSI motherboards into them. But every time I hear it or see it, the person never seems to have tried it themselves or know for a fact that it works. They tend to say something like: "SSI CEB motherboards are just over an inch (26mm) wider than ATX motherboards, but not as wide as E-ATX motherboards. So you shouldn't have a problem." That's not quite enough guarantee for me to spend around £550 on a case and a motherboard just to find that it doesn't fit.

So, does anyone know whether the ASUS P9X79-E WS is compatible with the Corsair 900D Super Tower? or has anyone out there ever tried to fit an SSI CEB into either the Corsair 900D or any other case that supports ATX but doesn't specify SSI compatibility?

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Nobody around here usually builds a computer of the type or caliber that most SSI CEB systems are. I would just give Corsair support a phone call and have your answer in less time than it would take any guesser to answer you on the internet.

You will definitely be covering the first line of cable grommets and partially cover the second.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place! Thanks :)

Yeah I kinda guessed I might, at the very least, be sacrificing some of the aesthetics of the wiring.

Thanks for the help mate :)

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

When you find out, do come back and put the answer here; then there WILL be an answer on the internet.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube