add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is it possible to run windows using 3 monitors, with only 1 being 4k?

evilfurby
  • 72 months ago

I currently have my home PC setup with 3 23" monitors, where my center monitor is my main windows desktop (start bar, etc) and the other two monitors have nothing but background wall paper. This is very useful for work, as I can just drag documents off to the left and right when necessary. I am going to upgrade to 4k for gaming, but I would still like to use 3 monitors. The 4k monitor will be 28", so if I get 2 other monitors that are not 4k, do you think it would be an issue to just run the 4k monitor at the lower resolutions of the other two monitors in windows? For gaming, I can just set the in game settings to 4k, so that should be fine I would think. Will the 4k monitor look like crap running at a much lower resolution than it's max? I don't really care about watching videos etc in windows, so I don't need the 4k for movies etc.

Alternatively, what do you think about 4k vs 120hz gaming? Which is worth pursuing?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, it is possible to connect 3 monitors with different resolution.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube