add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thoughts on Budget Rig

MrDevo
  • 72 months ago

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/wykZzy

It's my first time building a pc and i have been researching for a while. Im looking to play games like dayz, bf4 at good frame rates and good video quality and use a bit of photoshop. I have had my build checked and i have been changing it for a while. Im looking for a bang for buck build that will last me a few years.

Any words of advice are much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

The build look great. Obviously the prices are a little higher than the states so the following may not apply to you;

Go for a 6350. It's generally not that much more, $15 US on average, and it starts with a higher clock speed, 3.9GHz vs 3.5GHz. The same goes for the video card. The R9 270x is generally not that much more than the 270 and its a bit faster.

Again these are the only things you could consider changing for the build. Even then there are not that big of a deal. The build how it is right now will serve you well.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

The site that i have chosen to purchase from doesn't sell the 6350 and the only alternative is to go for a 8320 8 core amd which cost $45 more than the 6300.

Also the site im buying from is selling a sapphire radeon r9 270x 2bg for like $10 more than an msi should i go for that or even get the sapphire 4gb version.

The site im using is mwave Australia.

Also is it worth getting an after market cpu cooler as im new and scared to overclock should i wait till im more comfortable with the pc and get the fan later or get it now cause im relying on the 3 case fans and the fans on my parts.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Reference the CPU, for your build the 6300 will pair nicely with the R9270/X. If the 8320 is in your budget then go for it, but if it's not don't worry about it.

Reference the GPU, if the X version is in the budget then yes go for it as it has a higher clock speed and will perform better. You'd basically be getting factory overclocking for $10 which is a good deal.

Reference the OC'ing, I would recommend, if it's in the budget, going for a cheap aftermarket one like the Cooler Master Hyper212Evo. It's generally not that expensive and will be much quieter that the stock cooler. Once you learn about OC'ing it's actually quite easy and the 212EVO will easily handle smaller entry level OCs.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Cheaper case maybe? Corsair 200R is great and its half the price of yours

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube