add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions wanted for first PC build

A6x
  • 72 months ago

I'm in the market for a new computer and I've decided I'm going to build my own. I plan on using this computer for photo and video editing (Photoshop and After Effects), music creation (FL Studio, etc.), and some gaming. Gaming isn't a huge concern though, but I feel an r9 280x is sufficient to run all of the games out there at the moment and most future games. I don't have much of a problem with lowering game settings to get better frame rates so I think this card is suitable for my needs. I also might give cryptocurrency mining a try and from what I've seen it seems like the r9 280x will do quite well in that field.

I'm wondering how my chosen graphics card compares to other r9 280x's

I'm mostly concerned if this will be enough to cool the whole unit or if more fans are needed. (The case comes with a fan on the top and one on the front). I plan on putting the liquid cooler radiator at the back of the case.

I don't really have much of a budget but I would prefer to stay under $1700.

pcpartpicker

This is just the initial build. I plan on adding 16gb more ram for a total of 32gb (or possibly go all the way to 64gb). I also plan on picking up a couple of ssd's later on and possibly putting them in raid.

For the monitor I would like to use the LG 34UM95 which is a 34 inch 3440x1440 IPS monitor, but its a little too expensive at the moment at $999 so I might have to settle for a cheaper 1440p monitor that isn't 21:9 or maybe even a 1080p 21:9 monitor.

I also just want to make sure that all these parts will be compatible together. From my knowledge they should be.

Any feedback is appreciated, Thanks!

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube