add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming and twitch build

crazyace63
  • 72 months ago

I have this build I am thinking about doing. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I am going to be gaming and streaming to twitch on this build so keep that in mind. Plus I will be using it as my pass through for my console streams also. Thanks. Here is the link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W2YZzy

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Any help would be appreciated. I think I have a good system built but I haven't built a pc in about 6 or 7 years.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't really need that much RAM, 8gb is plenty, and it doesn't need to be 2133 either. Stick with 2x4gb cl9 1600mhz to save some scratch. You could also get a cheaper motherboard like a gaming 3 from msi or the gigabyte z97 sli both of which will keep the same color scheme.

A 4gb 760 is not worth the money at all tbh. You're MUCH better off getting a 280x at that price range. Or, with the savings from the suggestions I'm giving you bump up to a 290 for 360 bucks.

The HAF X is a huge and old case. There are far better for the money. If you're focused on airflow, the corsair air 540 is king of the hill in that respect these days.

A 1000w platinum psu will never be useful for you in this build. If you go with my suggestions a 280x will be fine with a 650w psu, or switch to 850 if you plan to get a second in the future.

Why two blu ray drives?

Windows 8 is a much better choice and cheaper. Two big reasons:

1) It is a better performing operating system overall

2) Windows 7 as of yet will NOT support directx12, while windows 8/8.1 is confirmed to.

I'd also switch the monitors to IPS versions, which should be around the same price but also give you better color accuracy and color gamut.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the 2 blu ray drives for burning and copying discs. I will def look into the parts you suggested and see what I can do to lower the price of my build. Thanks.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube