add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus M5 A99X EVO R2.0 HELP

RatchetHoee
  • 72 months ago

okay so dumb question I'm extremely new to building a pc. due to using a laptop most of my life I need help with the installation of the motherboard cd. 1. on the motherboard CD it says windows 8.1 ready does that mean I dont need a windows 7 or 8 CD? 2. Im having a hard time actually installing the cd's and stuff . 3. what is BIOS?? Can anyone help please ANY information will be helpful at this point after staying up 3 days straight trying to figure this out.. Thank you

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points
  1. That only means that the Asus M5 A99X EVO R2.0 has been tested to work with Windows 8.1
  2. Most do not use drivers off the CDs since they are rarely current. Download/use current drivers available from the mobo(motherboard) manufacturer's website.
  3. BIOS

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube