add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Time Build Opinion's

MrDevo
  • 72 months ago

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/MrDevo/saved/8vprxr

I have spent around a month researching and feel comfortable with building one. I would like to play games like dayz,bf4,tf2 and games in the future.

I have to pay for the build myself and would like to keep the price at around $1200

Any suggestions on cheaper parts or advice on if this system will function well.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-4130 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor $109.00 @ Mwave Australia
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $39.00 @ Mwave Australia
Motherboard Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $119.00 @ PCCaseGear
Memory G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $105.00 @ Mwave Australia
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $68.00 @ CPL Online
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card $225.00
Case NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $124.99 @ Mwave Australia
Power Supply Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $105.00 @ Mwave Australia
Optical Drive LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer $22.00 @ CPL Online
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $115.00 @ CPL Online
Monitor Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor $170.00
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1201.99

Just a couple of thoughts....take them for what they are..

No game (no matter how much power it takes) currently utilizes more then a quad core processor. So I switched it out for a quad core (its also slightly fast per core as well), and for a lower price.

The hard-drive I selected will deliver better in game performance for then the WD you had selected (they are meant for everyday use not gaming) :)

The power supply i swapped it with 600 Semi-modular, however if you wanted to spend a little more money I would go with a semi-modular SeaSonic (they are the best, and you don't want to skimp on the PSU, however Corsair makes a good one as well) :)

Ask questions or pm me directly if you need help with anything else :)

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont want to skimp on powersupply and im happy with my cpu , what about a keyboard and mouse i currently own a macbook and im not the biggest fan of mechanical keyboards but apparently a cherry mx red is good as i hate the clicky sound of the mechanicals and i dont like pressing down so hard.

Any suggestions ? Any good cheap keyboards and mice.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Keyboard Perixx PX-1100 Wired Gaming Keyboard $54.99 @ Newegg
Mouse Logitech M510 Wireless Laser Mouse $24.99 @ Amazon
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $79.98

That keyboard lights up as red, blue, and purple, its not a mechanical one but I have 3 of them and never have heard any clicking.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thanks with the keyboard is it good quality and do they perform well for gaming like any issue with them, and with the mouse would prefer a wired one maybe a razer deathadder is good.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I was pretty rough on mine, and they never gave me a problem. For gaming razr makes some awesome mouses but there really expensive too.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Do u have any suggestions a wired mouse that fits the blue theme ?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube