add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Midnight77
  • 83 months ago

I noticed the speakers section is really lacking, and most of the listings are overpriced. Here's some stuff I thought might be a good addition to the speaker section

Audioengine A2 (also comes in black)

Audioengine A5

Audioengine A5+ (also come in black and bamboo)

Swans M10s (hard to find and get bought up quick)

KRK RP5G2

KRK RP6G2

KRK RP8G2

KRK VXT6

KRK VXT8

There's also a wireless version of the Klipsch Promedia 2.1

There are also several offerings from Altec Lansing, which I won't bother individually listing and range from cool looking crap to decent 2.0/2.1 settups rivaling the promedias for an all in one 2.1 setup, from what I read they are sort of inbetween the logitech offerings and the lower end klipsch offerings

Obviously there are a lot more out there, but I think this would help flesh out the speakers portion a lot.

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome, thanks. I may comb through the Altec Lansing offerings once I'm through with finals to see what's utter crap and what's decent for a desktop setup (I feel as though a lot of their sales probably come from styling, not performance on some models). Love the site, you guys are great.

Also, don't know if you guys would consider having a DAC section as well as a soundcard section (many of those speakers listed are intended for studio monitor and music production setups), but if it's considered I could throw in some suggestions as well as headphone amps and headphones(just sort of fits in with DACs to some extent, as many are a combo). At that point though pcpartpicker would start to become a website for entry level audiophiles and music producers to plan out their stuff as well (not saying that's a bad thing, but don't know if that's a path you guys want to venture down).

EDIT: THe wireless promedia 2.1's are linked as well with the words Klipsch Promedia 2.1 at the end of the sentence. They're going for $199 which is honestly more than I would pay for them (I own a pair of wired promedia's, decent for $120-150 for someone wanting something simple with a sub, but A2s blow them away in every way but loudness of the bass).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube