add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build- Looking for advice

frostydaeth
  • 72 months ago

Been working on a parts list and this is what I have so far. Trying to keep it under $900 if possible, or slightly over, and purchase in the next few days. Also I need to have a monitor and OS which puts a dent in my budget a bit.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/frostydaeth/saved/7Y66Mp

Not looking to OC initially, possibly in the future. Using it almost entirely for gaming, some video streaming. Looking to play BF4, SC2 and Skyrim at least on High.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

First of all, there's no reason NOT to use Windows 8. It's better for gaming AND you can download things to get rid of Metro and add a Start button. You also probably do not need an optical drive at all, unless you are looking to burn things onto a CD. And finally, Team Elite's memory is a couple bucks cheaper and has the same exact performance. Hope this helps!

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I will be using the drive to burn cd's. Is there enough of an advantage to Windows 8 in gaming to actually make a difference? I've used both and definitely prefer windows 7 even without metro and having the start button back.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

The most I've seen personally is a 8 FPS difference in Battlefield 4, but most other games have like a 3-5 FPS difference. Your call, I guess.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube