add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build, looking for advice

ValiantPenguin
  • 72 months ago

I'm planning on building a gaming pc with a budget of about $800-$1000 to run high/ultra settings. Are all of these parts comparable with each other? Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

NOTE : I already have an OS purchased.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZLKfFT

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like a solid build using well respected parts makers. No compatibility issues are noted and the power supply is sufficient.

Not knowing your planned usage, take this with a grain of salt - If you plan on overclocking you will need a processor and motherboard that support it. If want to build in some expansion room in the future to something more powerful, consider reviewing the mid atx case for room for larger video cards without losing a drive bay or two and the possible need for a larger or gold rated power supply.

Since it appears that you are focusing in on best prices with rebates and/or discounts (I am like that too) and you are buying alot from Newegg, if you have an Amex, go to the Amex site and signup for a $15 credit on a single cart of items purchase over $150 by July 31 (double check me on that date). Amex applied the credit to my account so fast that I got it before my items arrived at my door.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube