add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Hades
  • 72 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Hades/saved/nx8j4D

Haven't built a computer in about 7 years. Going to be gaming a bit; just minecraft and maybe the new CoD when it releases, and media playing. I didn't pick an aftermarket cpu cooler because i couldn't find anything low profile. Cooling setup: 200mm front intake, 120mm rear intake, 2 120mm top exhaust (heat rises right?)

p.s. I'm open to suggestions but I want to stick with itx due to space and portability. The SSD was going to be mounted on the side door, and the top HDD cage removed and use only the bottom cage.

Thanks -Hades

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

What was your budget?

Nvm, switch the 260x with a 265.

Switch the Adata Ram with G.Skill ripjaw X 8Gb

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I updated the part list. How's the GPU I picked? What about your opinion on the PSU? Pcpartpicker estimates the wattage for my build around 330. Is 430watt psu too close? Maybe go with a 500? What about cpu cooler?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

That is perfect! I have the same GPu and i love it. Plays BF4 on ultra pretty nice. I also have the same CPU and it is working great!

The psu is nice but imho, i would go atleast 450 just to be safe.

for the cpu cooler i would recommend the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Will the evo fit with height clearance and such? I don't know how big the evo is.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

It should. You may have to remove a hdd cage in order to use that gpu though.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

That's fine. The case allows SSD's to mount onto the door on the right side (POV facing towards the front of case). So the HDD can mount on the bottom HDD cage, and remove the top cage.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

U call that budget I am trying to build a PC for $470 that'll play bf4 at more than 35 fps

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Budget compared to what some others would suggest.

That's the complete build. I kept talking about SSD and forgot to add it.

Edit: One more thing. Other people may have a PSU and fans from previous build(s). My first build, I'm using a micro atx with igpu in a full tower, with only two ****** fans. My cpu can't run Minecraft in low settings, higher than 15 fps. So for me I had to buy every single part new.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice just needs an i5

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube