add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is my power supple good enough? My first attempt at building a pc

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

It's plenty, your'e gravy.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

That's fine for that system

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Plenty.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep Looks good.

Someone told me when I asked the same question to add 100 to the wattage pcpartpicker gives you then round it up to nearest '50' or '00'.

So yours would be 450 watt, so the 500 you have picked is plenty.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Also look at the compatibility notes at the bottom of your build list. You may struggle with the size of the case. (even though it is a nice case!!)

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

any reason for that PSU as the EVGA600B, xfx550, CX500M are all currently cheaper and each have their own benefit over the cx500

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

no, actually I haven't noticed those. thanks for the heads up :)

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Among the three listed above, one vote for the XFX since the oem is Seasonic.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube