add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build - Need opinions

paddy29
  • 71 months ago

This will be my first time building my own rig. Basically want to know if everything is compatible and will work well together and maybe if anything can be improved. Any input is appreciated.

Here's what I have - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/xmrTzy

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Anybody ?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

go for a samsung SSD.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

The Z97 motherboard is meant for Overclocking, and the CPU you have can't be overclocked. If you want to save money, and aren't ever gonna upgrade, try getting a H97 motherboard. If you want to overclock, you need a i5- type k processor, and a CPU cooler. Also is this for gaming? Also since you can't overclock, get a 500W PSU to save money (Unless you are going to upgrade).

Yeah and definitely go for a Samsung SSD like QuantumEssence said, they are faster.

Good luck!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, it's for gaming. I know the Z97 is unnecessary, but my reasoning behind that was if I ever wanted to upgrade to a type k processor, it'd be easier and cheaper if I only had to replace the processor when the time comes and not the motherboard too, so may aswell spend a little now and save a bit in the future. Same goes with the PSU.

As for the SSD, I was going for a Samsung EVO, but in the last day or two the prices of the CPU and GPU I want have risen about £10 each, so that was just a way to try and save a bit of money somewhere, but I still hadn't really decided on which SSD to get.

So yeah, thanks for your input guys, appreciate it.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Mhm! Good luck!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube