add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
garbagetime
  • 71 months ago

I am trying to keep this under $950. I have the case, power supply, SSD, and memory. I have heard that the AMD is done FX series CPU and AM3+ socket. If this is true should I look at the A series or an Intel CPU? Any suggestions?

AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler, Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard, Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory, PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW ACX Video Card, Enermax ECA3310B-R ATX Mid Tower Case, Rosewill Capstone 750W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ptjtK8

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

what is your main objective for this computer. is it to game or render? you chose a very high end cpu, but it is paired with a low end gpu. this would be a bottleneck if you were to perhaps play games. if you dont know what a bottleneck is, click here [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9XuCz1FQEU]

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably using it for CAD, games, and internet.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

It really depends what you plan to use it for; the FX 8350 is probably up against the FX 6300, FX 8320, or the Intel i3 and i5.

Any one will be good for the next couple of years, although the i5 and the 8320 or 8350 will do better than the i3 or the 6300 in this regard.

FX 6300 is about the cheapest 'good' deal - 6 cores, decent speed, ability to over clock and can get good results, and will continue to be 'good' for a few years.

8320 or 8350 are brilliant middle range; 8 cores, good speed, ability to overclock and are ALMOST as good as an i5.

i3 is probably not good value compared to the AMD alternatives.

i5 wins hands down on performance, but is not necessarily 'worth' the extra you spend on the CPU and compatible parts.

6300 is best value. 8320 is (in my opinion) best all round i5 is best if cost is not an issue

they will all be 'good enough' for the next 2 - 4 years; the i5 and 832-/8350 will probably get 5-6 years.

Want to overclock and get most bang for buck? AMD. Want most reliable and least likely to need tinkering regardless of cost? Intel i5

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

What would be a better GPU? EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card or XFX Double D R9-270X-CDFC Radeon R9 270X 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube