add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Could someone review this build?

dlmorrowx
  • 72 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/dlmorrowx/saved/hK8j4D This is a gaming build but also for audio work and to be future-proof. I'm hoping to get some final opinions before I purchase. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have that much money to spend than I am a little out of my depth, but feel the need to shout out for the possibility of giving AMD parts and look.

with CPU's the AMD gives you more cores, less individually able, for significantly lesser price; and the FX 6300 or FX 8320 are worth investigating for their 6 cores and 8 cores - which may benefit your music.

Intel wins hands down for modern gaming, but editing software tneds to be more suited for multi cores; and AMD is better value. It may be a close call; and the i7 is SIGNIFICANTLY better than AMD alternatives; but the 8320 might be better suited to your needs.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube