add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions on my budget rig?

caleb50
  • 72 months ago

My budget is 800, with Taxes I come just under that. I realize the rig has no mouse, keyboard, or OS... But I am taking care of that, I just need input on the Rig:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor $129.99
Motherboard MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $39.99
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $74.99 @ Micro Center
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.99 @ Micro Center
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card $189.99
Case Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Micro Center
Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $44.99 @ Micro Center
Monitor AOC E2425SWD 60Hz 24.0" Monitor $129.99 @ Micro Center
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $719.92

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks pretty good; although that depends on exactly what you'll be using it for. It's very similar to my gaming build; but I overspent for a gaming rig. The FX 6300 and i5 compete for price / performance on CPU, and the r7 and GTX 650's might compete for GPU; but it really depends on what the PC is used for. Good and versatile build that will last a good while, thought!

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

It is mainly for gaming, some video editing, rendering etc.

Is it at least highly effective for the cost be considered?

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

The 8320 is a great CPU. It's main competition are the FX 6300 and the i5.

the 6300 is cheaper, not MUCh slower, had 6 cores and is a GREAT wee CPU. the i5 is a LTTLE better AT EVERYTHING, with 4 cores.

the 6300 is THE most cost effective, the i5 the BEST, the 8320 the best of both.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube