add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Final parts list, thoughts?

Extencial
  • 71 months ago

Hey guys, just want some final opinions.

I plan on running games such as DayZ, LoL, BF4/future BF games, and a few other MMO/RPG's.

Would like to run them maxed at decent frames, is this capable of doing it?

So after numerous topics and going back and forth with a few different people, this is what the list looks like.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $284.00 @ PLE Computers
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $149.00 @ PCCaseGear
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $198.00 @ CPL Online
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $102.00 @ Mwave Australia
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $165.00 @ Mwave Australia
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $67.00 @ CPL Online
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card $499.00 @ PCCaseGear
Case NZXT H440 (Red/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $158.00 @ CPL Online
Power Supply Silverstone Strider Plus 850W 80+ Silver Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $159.00 @ CPL Online
Case Fan Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition 62.7 CFM 120mm Fan $19.00 @ CPL Online
Case Fan Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan $20.00 @ CPL Online
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1820.00

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good. But I might save a few on just a heat sink cooler master 212 EVO for what you're using it for instead instead of water cooler. Also, that ram seems a bit expensive. Go for 1600mhz - no difference than 1866 and should be around 80 bucks for 2*4 gigs (8) and same manufacturer. Also, unless you really need the 250gb with ssd, get a 120gb ssd with Samsung for 80 bucks and run your OS only. EDIT - Sorry just saw Australian prices. No matter, save on ram and cooler. That hyper 212 EVO is great and 120 gb ssd is all you need for your OS and a few random programs. Excellent GPU. Don't change that.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I had a 212 Evo there originally but i plan to overclock so the H100i feels like the better option.. plus, it looks cool. ;)

And i plan on putting more then just the OS on the SSD (Things like LoL, things with more loading screens...) however ill put BF4 and so on onto the HDD.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I was going with the gigabyte GTX 770 4GB originally, but after a few people recommended i looked into the R9 290 i went onto a few different forums/websites and seen for alittle extra the 290 was better.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah GPU - keep that. And I didn't know you wanted to oc a lot, so yeah keep water. And I will say, if you can afford larger ssd, go for it. Still, 1600mhz ram leads to less problems and cheaper sometimes. With all that, yes your build will handle all that all on ultra. By the way, 750 or 650 watt psu will do. Sometimes cheaper. Great parts nonetheless.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, sweet. thanks for the reply's :).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube