add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Stephen_9
  • 72 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cNZsnQ

I'm building my PC very soon. I'm coming from an Early 2012 Alienware X51 and an Alienware 14. I like e idea of just playing games on my couch and chilling talking to friends...I already have the peripherals but I need the system. Tell me how i did.

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You did pretty well for the most part. The biggest problem though is the power supply. If you're getting one with barely the required wattage for the build, why bother with an unlocked cpu? You won't be able to overclock it or the gpu on that power supply. So either you could save some money and ditch the clc, switch to a 4690 and a h97/h87 mobo, or get a slightly beefier psu (I'd shoot for the 600w range to give you some breathing room if you intend to overclock both cpu and gpu).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube