add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Lasting Intel Build? $1300

Mike007
  • 71 months ago

This is my first time building a PC, and I want it to last (but not be too pricey). I was wondering if I could get any better bang for my buck. Opinion wanted.

Will be used for: Gaming Video Editing 3D modeling and Game Creation (using UnrealEngine3 and/or UnrealEngine4)

My Goal is to continue doing these things and not have to upgrade for a few years, but I do not want to spend over $1300.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Mike007/saved/KMZzK8

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

that build won;t be needed to be replaced for 4 years minimum. But i do suggest to add an extra ssd for backup or have a cloud setup for your data. For now there's really not that much that can be done to make that better except adding another 8GB of ram since you are doing editing. This build can work as is but its up too you.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

yep add a 120g SSD (main boot drive), and get a cheap storage drive for $50

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

If you aren't going to overclock, you can get the Xeon E3 1230 V3-it's the 4770 without an integrated GPU combined with a cheaper board.

Getting 16GB of RAM would be a good idea because video editing is usually RAM intense.

The PSU seems to be a bit unreliable, you should get a PSU(which has from XFX, SeaSonic, EVGA, Corsair or any other more reliable brand.

You should replace the HDD with an SSHD(Seagate's Hybrid 1TB would, most likely, be cheaper and fsater)

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

If noise control is a factor, consider aftermarket HSF such as Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo or such.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube