add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinion on Gamer and Dev build - $3000

sandorx
  • 71 months ago

This Build focus is on high end gaming, but also needs to be able to do code development. I’ve been trying to keep around a max of $3000.

I’ve really been having a hard time with the Motherboard, and Video Card(s).

Motherboard: I have decided on the Z97 chip, but have been back and forward between Asus Hero and then Gigabyte GT, G1, and Sniper. Currently picked the GT because of rebate and combo with CPU.

Video Card: I’ve been all over the map here. I have always had nvidia, but im open to amd. I keep switching between a dual card setup or a single card. Is it currently worth it to do 2 r290s vs a single 780 ti? Honestly I think either would work great with the current 2k monitor, but I also keep looking at 4k monitors.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks very nice. Just my two cents on the GPUs: If you want to go 4k, get the crossfire 290s, otherwise get the 780 ti. On a non-4k monitor the 780 ti will be more than enough and it runs WAY cooler than the crossfire setup would.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube