add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

h100i problem

rwolfe88

67 months ago

I have a h100i with a i5 processor an a r9 290x graphics card

This a fresh build everything is new but my problem is the corsair link does not show me fans or give me control over them

Also it shows my cpu at 85○f an my video card at 96○ when just looking around on the Internet an when I go to YouTube the graphics card jumps to like 120

This seems high any thoughts?

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

120F (49C) seems a little high when watching YouTube, but it's not crazy hot. Your idle temperatures are fine. CPU is actually a little lower than average, which is always nice.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Those temps are OK.

Your fans have to be hooked to the corsair pump or the motherboard fan headers to be seen.

If you don't see any of the h100i equipment listed in link (fans, pump, coolant temp, and led) then it's the USB cable which is common... Many headers hate that cable... But you can use an old phone charger cable that's mini USB to USB and route the cable to a back USB port outside the case and that will solve the issue. It's what I had to do... I just routed it through a gpu water cooling hole in my case to the back panel USB port and it's perfectly fine now.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Give us a pic of the CPU and the surroundings, I'm guessing it isn't plugged in.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube