add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fractal Node 304 with GTX760 TWIN FROZR, Seasonic S12 520W + 2SSD and 2HDD - possible?

krud
  • 71 months ago

Hey guys I have just moved from Thailand back to the States and wasn't able to bring my case back with me (BitFenix Prodigy).

Looking to downsize to the 304. I'm unsure about the heat for such a small case, and whether the 4 hard drives will also fit.

I'm thinking wire clutter with that Seasonic may be an issue as it was somewhat of an issue in the Prodigy, so I'm considering the G series Seasonic to replace the current PSU.

So main question is: Any thoughts on the build overall - fit etc / a good cooler for this build? H80i Corsair?

Here is my part list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $249.99 @ NCIX
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard $127.50 @ Vuugo
Memory A-Data Premier Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory $175.93 @ Amazon Canada
Storage Plextor M5S Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $89.99 @ NCIX
Storage Plextor M5P Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $103.40 @ Amazon Canada
Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $84.95 @ Vuugo
Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $84.95 @ Vuugo
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card $269.25 @ Vuugo
Case Fractal Design Node 304 Mini ITX Tower Case $79.99 @ Newegg Canada
Power Supply SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $79.98 @ Newegg Canada
Alt PSU SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $89.99 @ Amazon
Necessary? Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $72.24 @ Amazon
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1345.93

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Unless you have a specific reason for having dual SSDs and HDDs, you're probably better off just getting single, larger units. As for the CPU cooler, get an NZXT Kraken X41. They're more expensive, but perform on par with the 240mm full size units.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the reply. Initially I went with dual as a fail safe - was running two operating systems (operating systems and applications on SSDs and files on HDDs). In case one failed I had backups. Now I have them so am sticking to them rather than spending more money. I ordered the case, so will have to see what fits. But could always place the SSDs somewhere unexpected like the front grill since they are so low profile.

Will look into that Kraken thank you for the suggestion

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem. Those X41s are about $30 more than the H80i, but in SFF builds where there are significant airflow restrictions, they're just fantastic.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I did notice with the fractal 304 space with the x40/41 may be an issue when there's a GPU

see http://www.overclock.net/t/1266342/official-fractal-design-node-304-owners-club/390

pictured there and the next page is the x40, which to my understanding the radiator is slightly smaller than the x41. Not sure if this would fit

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

You would be right, the X41 is almost 10mm thicker (X40-27mm/X41-36mm), must have slipped my mind. For the record the X40 is a great unit as well, and a bit cheaper.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube