add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NEW X61 and X41 QUESTIONS

LIMBOCITY

67 months ago

I have a Fractal Design Define R4 and am looking at the new X61 and X41 coolers for my cpu. I highly doubt the X61 will fit but I would like to be proven wrong. As for the X41, it still looks like a good buy and I was wondering if my best bet would be to install the radiator on the back of the case in a pull config as opposed to the top, or if any other config would be better. Thanks

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

You'd get the best temps installing it in the rear fan mount and having it intake cool air from outside. Mounting it up top would probably be the most convenient though.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I was considering leaving my two front fans as intake and removing the stock rear fan and installing the x41 in a pull config exhausting out the back with the fan closest to the case back and the radiator closer to the inside of the case. Then putting the stock fan up top to exhaust and probably adding another as well, is this a good idea?

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

That'll be fine. Since your radiator is using hot air from inside your case, your temps will be a bit higher, but still pretty good

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Curious to here what you decided on/did. I'm waiting on my X41... What are your temps running at? You gonna post up any pictures?

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Still waiting on the X41 and as for the pics I will be posting some updates...I can't stand to look at the stock cooler any longer and not be able to overclock!

• 67 months ago
  • -1 points

....You can do a x41 on the back of the case, and the thicker radiator on the x41 will cool just as good as a H100i or Kraken x60...both the x61 and x41 have thicker radiators....

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube