add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

£500.00 PC for Adobe lightroom/elements use and 1080p gaming.

yorkibar
  • 71 months ago

I was going for smallish/quiet with minimum power usage but still hoping to get decent results doing 1080p gaming and photo editing.

Please advise on anything you see wrong with it?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/yorkibar/saved/D9VD4D

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

All the extra fans arn't really needed, or the cooler.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

CPU cooler isn't a bad idea and its pretty cheap (anything is better than the manufacturer fans). But I agree on all the extra case fans are a waste of time. They may even attract more dust inside your pc.

The PSU is just fine for your current setup, but if you have thoughts to upgrade your gpu several years down the road, you may want to consider a 500-600w. Kind in mind, it doesn't really use that much all the time like an on/off switch. It ramps up and uses what it needs on demand.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks for the advice.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I just axed it cause that i5 is locked anyway also havn't heard of it overheating.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Id look at tests, just because something doesn't overheat, it could still be running hotter and wearing faster. Might be a bit on the ocd side though. Especially considering that cpu and gpu you have selected are extremely efficient and run very cool.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi thanks for the reply. I watched a video and it only seemed to come with the rear 92mm so i was just filling the empty spaces to make a positive pressure case as i have a dusty environment.

Again thanks.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Positive pressure wont really matter much, unless its very extreme. Dust is going to come thru your case and stick to your components from static electricity. And a light coating wont affect anything, especially since you wont be overclocking.

Your biggest help in the dust fight is to blow it out every few months (maybe more depending on use). And to use the vacuum cleaner in the room. : P

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

ok thanks for the advice.

I live on a farm so it can get very dusty depending on what's going on in the fields.

I will try it without all the fans first and see what happens.

Thanks again.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure np. Even though those aren't the fastest components money can buy, they are very high quality, so I don't see you having any problems.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube