add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I need an opinion on the part list that i am currently thinking about using for a build

LarrythePcBuilder
  • 72 months ago
  1. Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

2.Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro 99.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

1. ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard

2. Kingston Fury White Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

3. Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

6.Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive X2 in raid

1. Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 4GB Vapor-X Video Card

2. Fractal Design Node 304 (White) Mini ITX Tower Case

3. Silverstone Strider Gold S 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

4. Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)

I also need a cpu cooler other that the stock one, I would rather use a closed loop water cooler, Thanks guys

Here is the permalink with the prices http://pcpartpicker.com/user/LarrythePcBuilder/saved/f9K2FT

Also the graphics card is an after thought because my current budget is at $1200.

I do want to stay in the mini-itx form factor Because i am limited in space to put a PC, I need the 16 gbs of ram because i do some video editing and some stuff with photo shop, I also will use this primarily for gaming. Now my question is what would be your recommendations in terms of what i am getting for the price.

And again thank you for the help.

Edit: the two Samsung ssd's are going to be purchased later to place in raid

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks pretty good, the parts are all pretty reliable and powerful. It would help if you could put your budget and what you're going to be using the computer for though, so that we can offer better critique.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

OK i just added the permalink. Thanks

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome. After a quick look-at, it looks good. Biggest things are, as you mentioned, getting an aftermarket cooler, and the videocard as an afterthought. Without the videocard in the partslist, it obviously drops down to $1200, leaving no room for a cooler. To change this, you can probably change the SSD to something like the Samsung 840 EVO, since $204 for a 240gb SSD is pretty expensive, and the performance difference probably isn't too significant. Both are rated to run at around the same speed on the product specs pages.

Another idea would be to drop the SSD, but only if the SSD is going to be your only storage for this build. Because srsly 240gb and you do some work stuff like video editing and photoshopping idk where or how you plan to store all those files in 240gb. Man, the software itself would probably take up a 3rd of the SSD storage space, so yeah. But of course, as I said that's assuming you don't already have an HDD or plan to get one and just don't have it listed.

As for a cooler suggestion, if you change the SSD to make room, you have enough money to get something like a Corsair H60, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer or Cooler Master Seidon 120M without going over budget.

As for the video card, is that something you want us to try and create a partslist for to include while still being $1200, or are you going to save up and get it later?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey Man Thanks for the reply i was looking at the Samsung SSD and i decided to go with that I will add a 1Tb drive later. I know that i'm going to take off the hard drive mounts in the case because of air flow in a small case, which leaves me with the choise of ssd's only in which to resolve ill place two 500gb ssd in raid 0. And yes I am going to get the graphics card at a later time

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, sounds good. Although realistically, you could probably put one of the harddrive mounts on one of the far sides and mount a HDD without disrupting airflow too much, by the looks of all the fan mounting positions. But overall a very solid build. Enjoy it.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube